In this article, supplements refer to dosage form health supplements.
No strategic company or entrepreneur rolls out a new product or launches a business without performing market research to gauge consumer demand. For those of us in dosage form pet health supplement and pet soft chew manufacturing, there are several statistics that indicate long-term growth, and thus a path to profitable success in this field.
- In 2020, 70% of US households include a pet
- Dog ownership has increased in US households, up to 58% from 50% in 2018
- Cat ownership stands at 45% in US households, and the percentage of people owning two or more cats has increased
- 44% of dog owners give their pet some type of supplement, up 34% from 2018
- 30% of cat owners give their pet some type of supplement, up 20% from 2018
- 65% of 18- to 34-year-olds plan on getting a pet (or another pet) within five years
Plus, there are human trends influencing the pet market and propelling growth in pet products, such as dosage form pet health supplements.
Generally speaking, humans are applying their “what is good for me is good for my pet” philosophy to their pets. They are selecting from a menu of high-quality ingredients to personalize their pets’ health supplements to support happy, healthy lives.
Pet parents are taking a more concerted and researched approach in providing for their furry children, and this trend that is anticipated to continue its growth. Now is a good time for companies and entrepreneurs in the pet industry to team up with a pet soft chew manufacturer who can help you develop or white label products to meet the demand of highly knowledgeable pet parents.
Why Pet Soft Chew Manufacturers?
Soft chews are the most popular form of dosage form health supplements for pets. Many are cold pressed or cold formed to preserve the viability of the active ingredients and enhance the taste of each chew. Many soft chews have a long shelf life, up to two years packaged.
While soft chews are an easy entry, working with a manufacturer like Bimini is key for when and if you want to expand your dosage form pet health supplement to other types of products.
How the Right Pet Soft Chew Manufacturer Can Support Your Company’s Approach Meet the Strict Demands of Pet Parents
Personalizing what you give to your pets involves tailoring those products to his/her specific needs, based on factors such as age, breed, size, activity level and health status.
While personalization is “trending,” it is growing in popularity among pet owners due to the real benefits it delivers.
- Supports a healthy lifestyle. Along with a well-balanced diet, dosage form soft chews can help to support overall health and wellness.
- Increases energy and vitality. A pet that is receiving the right dosage form health supplements in combination with a healthy diet and lifestyle will generally have more energy and vitality. This can be especially important for older pets, who may be experiencing a decline in energy and vitality due to aging.
- Enhances performance and physical comfort. Just as ingredients, like glucosamine, etc., support healthy hips and joints in humans, they can for pets, as well.
Dosage form pet health supplements in soft chews or other product types can be formulated to support:
- Skin and coats
- Immune system
- Hips and joints
- Kidney function
Pet Owners Who Care About Their Pets Care What They Give Them
They won’t settle for anything but the best for their pets. To enter and succeed in the industry, you must partner with a manufacturer who understands that. Bimini Pet Health’s products, including soft chews, are produced in our cGMP certified, USDA inspected and FDA registered manufacturing facilities with responsibly procured ingredients from US-based companies or provided by you. Our team is committed to providing private label and custom manufactured pet health supplements designed to support and maintain healthy and happy dogs, cats and horses.
For our human grade, dosage form pet health supplements every ingredient and the resulting product is stored, handled, processed and transported compliant with 21 CFR part 117, Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food.
To create your own dosage form pet health supplement, choose from dozens of existing formulations for private label or we can help you make a custom formulation. Want to learn more or get started? Let’s talk.